.jump-link{ display:none }

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Happy Christmas to all my Blog readers and Facebook followers.  
Thank you for your support and comments throughout the year - 
they mean a lot to me.  Susan (Scotsue)




One of the many embroidered cards popular in the First World War
 that my grandfather sent back to his family at home.


  The postcard above, sent in 1877,  was in the family collection of a distant cousin.  The verse reflects  Victorian maudlin sentiment of the time,
but it is still a lovely picture


This German Christmas card came from the my husband's family.   
His uncle Mattie married a German girl in the 1950's.   


 A charming Christmas postcard that I spotted in a local antique shop. 

************

Greetings today from Earlston in the Scottish Borders










***********

2 comments:

  1. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I love the old postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics and what beautiful vintage cards. Happy Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment which will appear on screen after moderation.