.jump-link{ display:none }

Friday 19 January 2018

52 Ancestors - Week 1: Introduction

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks
 52 Ancestors in 52 Week is the latest blog chellenge from Amy Johnson Crow that I have just signed up to.


Why? 

I have been blogging for 7 years now, and feel I have become rather jaded and restricted in my writing and need a boost!  So I am looking forward to Amy's broad weekly prompts.  

Much of my blog concentrates on my mother's side of the family (Danmson and Rawcliffe  families of Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire), largely because I grew up there and have a great collection of family photographs.  But I have exhausted most of this material.  I hope I will be encouraged through the prompts  to broaden into other aspects of my research.



A wedding of 1930 - 
One of the few photographs I have from my father's side of the family 

My father (John Weston)  is the rather stern looking young man on the far left, carrying the trilby (or panama?) hat, with,  I think,  his brother Charles behind him.  My grandmother is in the cloche hat next to the bridegroom (my uncle FRed)  and unfortunately I have been unable  to identify my grandfather - he could be the man hidden at the back. Fred's sister Madge  could well be one of the bridesmaids and I have no idea who the young boy is.  I presume the older couple on the left of the photograph are the bride's parents. 


************ 


1 comment:

  1. How lovely that your aunt's students remember her fondly and shared their memories with you. That is truly special!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment which will appear on screen after moderation.