I am delighted to say that Shelley of A Sense of Family" has nominated for this award.
Although we enjoy writing, recognition from others is a great motivator, and I am very grateful that other bloggers have regarded my blog in this respect.
The terms of the award are:
1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Name bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of).
4. Contact those bloggers to let them know you’ve tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award.
Here are seven facts about me:
- I have one daughter and a 5 year old granddaughter who has enhanced our lives to much.
- I have just finished a patchwork throw for my granddaughter - hand sewn hexagons in the appropriately named "granny's flower garden" pattern.
- I also knit/crochet squares for a brilliant charity KAS (Knit a Square) which helps Aids orphans in Africa. - take a look at their website.
- I am a member of a local "Walk It" group who meet every Thursday all year round for a 3-4 mile walk, always ending in a cafe for coffee, scones and more chat - great for health & happiness. It helps that I live in a beautiful part of the country, the Scottish Borders.
- Classical music is my love and I am an avid listener to Classic FM - on as I type. My favourites - opera, operetta, ballet, musicals and 19th century romantic composers.
- My favourite TV programmes are anything historical plus quizzes - I am a member of a local quiz team. Who says retirement is boring!
- I still have the handwritten family tree that I compiled at the age of 12 - it went back to my great grandmother who has been at the heart of my family history activity.
Many I follow have already been nominated, so I’ll try to avoid some repetition. Here are my nominations, in alphabetical order:
- Anne at Ay Family HIstory
- Gail at Songs of a Nightingale
- Kate at Essex Voices Past
- Kristin at Finding Eliza
- Schalene at Tangled Roots and Trees
- Sharon at Strong Foundations
- Wendy at Jollett etc.
You may discover some new blogs that will provide interest, knowledge, stimulus, inspiration, humour and pathos to your reading and writing.
All part of being in such a supportive blogging community. Thank You.