.jump-link{ display:none }

Thursday 10 March 2011

A Newly Married Love Letter: Fearless Females - 8


 Memories of my mother (Kathleen Danson)  have been enhanced by some beautiful love letters which I found only after she and my father (John Weston)  had died.  They were written not long after their wedding on 18th April 1938 and they cast a different light on my mother who I always thought as someone quite reserved. 

My father was what was known in those days as a commercial traveller  i.e. sales rep. and covered north west England.  He could be away a week at a time calling on businesses in Cumberland and Westmorland.


26/4/28
My Dear John,

What a long time it seems since you left here Monday morning.  I have missed you dear, the days seems so long and empty being all on my own. but I think of you every minute of the day.  Peggie came up to see me last night and Edith is coming for tonight and tomorrow [her sisters)]..............

I hope you enjoyed the sandwiches dear, though I meant to put in an apple, but forgot.    I have got the wireless on while I am writing,  I am so glad we got one, dear, as it keeps me company.............
...
Till Friday, dear.  God bless you and keep you, Your every loving wife, Kath XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


*************
A blog In honour of National Women's History Month in the USA , Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist  blog presents "Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts for March".  

March 8th  - Share an entry from a diary, journal or letter  from a female ancestor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment which will appear on screen after moderation.