Are you researching ancestors in the Scottish Borders?
If so, I will be pleased to do any "looks ups" at my local archive centre at the Heritage Hub, Hawick which serves the four Scottish Border counties of Berwickshire, Peeblesshire, Roxburghshire and Selkirkshire - broadly the corner of south-east Scotland between Edinburgh and the English border.
Besides the standard family history sources of census returns, old parish records and monumental inscriptions, the Heritage Hub also holds unique material not available anywhere else, such as:
- Militia lists from the times of the Napoleonic Wars
- Police, criminal and justice records from the mid 19th century
- Poor law records from c.1845
- School records from c.1873
- Burgh records from the mid 17th century
- Valuation rolls of property from c.1860
Note: Date protection legislation applies to most post-1900 records where personal names are given.
For more information, see my posting on: Heritage Hub, Hawick
|The Heritage Hub, Hawick|
with kind permission of www.heartofhawick.co.uk/heritagehub